Friday, February 7, 2014

Scripture-Prayers as We Approach the Anniversary

When February began I found myself really wanting time to slow down.  It felt like someone much stronger than me was pushing me forward, but I was trying to resist it with all my might.

February means March is right around the corner.

So I'd like to offer some more scripture-prayers that I'd love for you to pray with us, covering us now and for what's to come.

Thank you again for all your love and support.

  • But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9).  Thank You for Your all-sufficient grace, and that in my weakness, You are my strength.
  • Thank You that we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Help us then with confidence to draw near to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:15-16).  We are in such great need, and our high priest is intimately aware of our situation and how we feel.  Thank You for helping us, and not abandoning us in our pain.
  • Father, help me to fear not, remind me that you are with me; help me to not be dismayed, because you are my God; thank you for your promise to strengthen me, to help me, to uphold me with your righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
  • Thank You that Your divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence (2 Peter 1:3).  Lord help me to know You more intimately and remind me that You have already given me all I need, today, to experience the true life that You offer.
  • For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; ... a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, 4).  Thank You for ruling over every season.  Help me to remember that You are not just loving, but You are love, and that Your timing is perfect.  Thank You that, through knowing Christ, death is not forever, weeping can turn to laughing, and mourning can turn to dancing.










No comments:

Post a Comment