Friday, December 20, 2013

38 weeks 1 day

That's how much time had passed since I'd changed a diaper.  Rocked a baby in the glider.  Buckled two kids into the car.

But on Sunday, December 15 at 4:25 pm we welcomed our third son, Callen Isaiah Anderson, into our family, ushering me back into diaper changes, and glider rocking, and buckling two kids into two car seats.  And I can't even put into words how amazing that feels.

The birth of Callen in one sense ends our season of empty arms.  I have a baby to carry and to nurse.  Ted as a newborn son to rock.  Jaden has a little brother to once again read books to and kiss all the time.  We are all beyond ecstatic.

But the birth of Callen doesn't fully end the season of empty arms, because Callen is not Chase.  And until I get to Heaven, I won't ever have Chase in my arms again.  So my arms are still empty - they still miss Chase like crazy - and they always will.

Callen is a sweet sweet gift.  The Lord has already graciously used him to provide such tangible restoration.  He is a beam of light in the midst of incredible darkness.  And I look forward to every day I get to have him in my arms.




No comments:

Post a Comment